What Is the Community Readiness Initiative?
An objective perspective is difficult to gain from within your own community. The State of Indiana Office of Community of Rural Affairs (OCRA) invites your community to participate in the Community Readiness Initiative. Through the CRI program, teams will gain insight into the strengths and opportunities within their community to determine the best course of action to foster better community planning and growth for the future.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and comments
Steps Toward Community Readiness
- Enroll now to participate in the Community Readiness Initiative or contact your OCRA Community Liaison
- Complete the leadership alignment assessment (for public officials)
- Complete the community alignment assessment (for organizations)
- Discuss preliminary community readiness findings during a town meeting
- Receive the community readiness report and establish an economic development policy
Map of Participating Communities
This map displays the communities that are currently taking part in the Community Readiness Initiative. See below for a legend that details the progress that each community has made, from enrollment to economic policy development.
- Prospective community
- Leadership alignment survey phase
- Leadership alignment analysis phase
- Leadership alignment complete
- Community org alignment survey phase
- Community org alignment analysis phase
- Community org alignment complete
- Policy development in progress
- Policy development complete